Speaking to groups
I enjoy speaking with professional organizations, women's groups, men's support groups, and job search networks about all aspects of job search, career management, career strategy, networking strategy, job search strategy.
Each talk is customized to your audience. Fees are not required but let’s talk about what you need for your group.
Some popular topics I address for job seekers, career changers, and even those who are not thinking about careers:
- Why Be Miserable? How to Find Work You Love - Life is too short, so here are some tools for finding your right place, whatever your age.
- Getting -- and Keeping -- A Great Job in a Competitive Market - Looking for your next position is even tougher in a competitive market. In this fun and information-rich talk, attendees will leave knowing what they have to do to be competitive.
- The Five Biggest Mistakes on Resumes, and How to Avoid Them – There’s lots of advice out there but is it from The Resume Queen(R)?!
- Obstacles: Sometimes the Best Way Around is Through – Funny, stirring, inspiring, a story about cancer diagnosis and subsequent divorce. It all started with the lightning...
Don't see a topic you'd like addressed? Contact me and see if it's possible to do it.
"You made the topic of 'hiring the older worker' not only fun, but drove home good points that will make us think."
- Town-wide service organization
"Right on the mark! Focused, totally interactive, full of great info. Everyone's going to go back and revise their resumes!"
- Professional organization for Technical Writers
I’d love to speak to your group!