CAREER Coaching SERVICES
Focus. This is THE #1 thing that potential employers want in candidates. They do not want a menu presented to them: "I do everything, pick one!"
Instead, they want to know who you are and what you’ll do for them. Do you make or save money? Make or save time? Solve problems?
At Joanne Meehl Career Services, I’ll work with you to clarify your focus. Whether that’s taking it to the next level or getting unstuck -- or both.
We’ll work together to uncover your value and I’ll teach you how to communicate this value in a way that’s genuine for you.
We’ll develop marketing strategies customized for you to increase your network and get you known!
OR we’ll do short, a la carte sessions on specific parts of your search.
In short, I’ll lead you past the "black hole" of the job search market TO your clear goal.
"To think I spent months dreading doing my resume...if I'd only contacted you sooner, I would have saved myself all that worry. I had no idea it would be so enjoyable. I can't say enough about how good you are, Joanne, and how easy you are to work with."
-HR Director turned charitable foundation manager
Career and Job Search Coaching programs:
Taking it to the next level: Our comprehensive program for those desiring an upward position as a manager, Director, VP, SVP
- Book Time With Joanne/Store: a la carte offerings for resumes, LinkedIn, Networking, and (soon) Interviewing
Individual Services, depending on the session we’re doing:
- Resume, Resume for ATS Systems: “You on paper”
- LinkedIn: Be an employer or client magnet!
- Branding statement: What you want, who you are
- Counseling: What’s your goal?
- Cover emails, business cards, power letters
- Developing the support of family and your inner circle
- Genuine answers to awkward questions
- Handling offers and salary negotiating
- Interview prep and interviewing practice: Videos of you that teach you what’s working and what to immediately change to ace each interview
- New to the area, or moving? Learn how to move your career there, too
- Stoking your motivation during your campaign
- Making sure that new job “stick”: those all-important first 21 days
- Answering awkward questions about gaps, job changes, and so on
- Overcoming biases
- Referral Networking: Why I recommend this and NOT “informational interviews”, along with doing your Networking handbill: Grab their attention and make networking fun (really!)
- Tapping the so-called “hidden job market”
- Using social media in your search: Facebook, Twitter, others
- How to work with recruiters, with key people who are networking gurus
- Value-Based© Search Campaign: Convincing the hiring manager it’s YOU they want
- Keeping up your job search productivity, accountability
- Your personalized career strategy
"Thank you, Joanne, for teaching me that I have to show not only what I've done, but its impact, too. An engineer like me needs to do more than just list skills and tools -- I needed to communicate my successes, and now I do. No one can say "So what" to my resume now.
- Senior Software Engineer
Services are one-to-one via web-based video (Zoom, Skype, etc.), or over the phone.
Fees are by the session OR by the (Comprehensive) project. They are not by the hour, this way you don't have to worry about the clock ticking and you get everything you need from your work with me. Project fees are quoted on a custom basis.
Contact me today and let’s get started filling the TREASURY OF YOUR LIFE!