Career and Job Search Services
Focus. This is THE #1 thing that potential employers want in candidates. They do not want a menu presented to them: "I do everything, pick one!" Instead, they want to know who you are and what you’ll do for them. Do you make or save money? Make or save time? Solve problems?
Joanne Meehl works with you to clarify your focus. In all her work with clients, she uncovers your value. She then teaches you how to communicate this value in a way that’s genuine for you. Then she develops marketing strategies customized for you.
In short, she leads you through the "overwhelm" of job search to your clear goal.
- You get serious responses to your candidacy (95% of all clients report an immediate increase in booking interviews, for example)
- You feel more in control of this thing called "job search". You finally have a sense of being highly competitive in today’s marketplace. You feel caught up with what's going on, and you feel in the flow, instead of having no clue.
- If you’ve followed the process, you get that new job sooner, increasing your income while reducing your family’s stress
- You know – and are confident in – what you have to offer, and this energizes you and employers SEE that confidence and energy!
Services are in person/one-to-one, online, in groups.
- Value-Based© Search Project: All services listed on this site, working one-to-one with Joanne, in person or via Skype -- until you land a great new job
- Value-Based© resume: “You on paper”
- Your personalized strategy
- Your questions answered in 30-minute or 60-minute phone consults
- Resume Consultations: What does your resume need? (See our Resumes link for more)
- Making LinkedIn a live and vital tool for you to be found, and to find people (See more at our LinkedIn page)
- Job Search Tools Boot Camp
- Interviewing Intensive - video
- Counseling: What’s your goal?
- Branding statement: What you want, who you are
- Cover emails, business cards, power letters
- Networking handbill: Grab their attention and make networking fun (really!)
- Genuine answers to awkward questions
- Using social media in your search: Facebook, Twitter, others
- Overcoming biases
- Tapping the so-called “hidden job market”
- Referral networking (why Joanne recommends this and NOT “informational interviews”)
- Interview prep: Videos of you that teach you immediately what to change to ace each interview
- Maintaining your motivation
- Developing the support of family and your inner circle
- Job Search Productivity Teams for Project clients only: Individual Contributors, and the Executive Productivity Group for execs and other company leaders
- Handling offers and salary negotiating
- Making that new job “stick”
These are by the project. They are not by the hour, so that you don't have to worry about the clock ticking, and so that you get everything you need from your work with Joanne. These are quoted on a custom basis. Take a look at the Career Consult with the Queen as a first step.
Thank you, Joanne, for teaching me that I have to show not only what I've done, but its impact, too. An engineer like me needs to do more than just list skills and tools -- I needed to communicate my successes, and now I do. No one can say "So what" to my resume now.
- Senior Software Engineer